Sunday, February 05, 2006

Taking care of yourself

http://blogher.org/trackback/1782

I read this post about caregivers of people with chronic illnesses (and I'm assuming that it applies to those of us with children with disabilities as well) and it really struck home. We put so much of our time, efforts, and energies, into taking care of our "charges". For D, we are running around to therapy appointments and working on things at home. I go through the paces everyday (shower, teeth, etc.) but the thoughts of me going to a doctor for a physical....never even occurred to me. I am going to have my husband check my blood pressure today as it hasn't been checked in months. I do have an appointment mid-february, but I'd like to be aware if the preeclampsia has left a remaining impact on me. My bp wasn't high at the last check, but I do need to be more aware of this.

No comments: