Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Black hole of two children...and photos to make your ovaries twinge

As big as a magazine (I know, I need to find better objects to compare her to).Who doesn't love pissy baby photos?
Baby: I want to eat. Darsie: I want to hold baby.
Pacified for a moment...and getting cuter every day
Can you believe they let us come home like this?

I hadn't realized that I hadn't posted that we were HOME! So sorry dedicated readers to make you worry. Between pumping every two hours, feeding the littlest monster every 2-4 hours, and feeding the biggest monster constantly, I'm exhausted.

We were able to bring Elise home last week and it has been GREAT! She came home weighing approximately 3 lbs. 13 oz. and on Friday at her doctors appointment, she weighed 4 lbs. 3 oz.! Holy weight gain! She likes the milk! She is still taking fortified EBM and nursing occasionally. However, she isn't the best nurser, so I'm thinking that her prematurity is the vice there. I'm going to give a nipple shield a shot. She is also an old pro at peeing through her preemie diapers. At night, I double up on them so I won't have to do any midnight clothes changes.

Darsie is doing as well as expected. She has some sibling rivalry/jealousy, but is learning how to deal with it and we are learning how to deal with the tantrums.

More photos soon and updates, promise!

13 comments:

Swistle said...

She! is! so! cute! And look how darling on Darsie's lap! And so small in her car seat!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

OK, I am having zero luck commenting. It won't let me post a link! Or a picture! I want to illustrate my point, dangit! And my point is this:

OK, I can't help it... She looks like nothing else but C. Montgomery Burns in that second picture.

But yes. Ovary twinges. Turn off the cute! (And wow, they sent her home little! S didn't even get out of her isolette until she was 4 1/2 pounds!)

Awesome Mom said...

She is soo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable and reminds me of my little guy's days of way too big preemie sleepers and blanket rolls in the carseat. I am so happy that things are working out so well with your girls!
Sarah in Canada

Jennifer said...

SOOOOO arodable! Glad to see that everyone is home safe and sound!! :)

Becky said...

she is so adorable! Iloved all the pics!! big sissy looks so proud!! she is a darling!! Congrats on the new baby!!

Kim said...

Both girls are gorgeous! I am so glad that you are home and healthy. And, please, if you ever need any help with the nipple shield, let me know!

Sarah said...

Oh gosh, my actual uterus cramped a little at those pictures, remembering Addy's days of tinyness (she went home at 4 lbs, 12 oz., I think- something like that.) And now the little boy will be here in just a few months! I can't wait to see how big/small he is in comparison to his sister!
Do you find you worry less about the smallness the second time around? I was so careful with Addy, she seemed so fragile compared to other newborns I had seen. And she was born at 36 weeks, so she wasn't even a preemie, just preterm. My question, though, is this: Is it less scary this time, having had a preemie before?

Laurie said...

So glad to hear that you've now got both your beautiful girls home with you... Looking at the pics brought back fond memories of bringing Emma home from the NICU. We thought she was tiny (at 4.5 lbs) but oh my, Elise is just a lovely lil' peanut, isn't she!

Congratulations!

Angel The Alien said...

Wow, she looks so miniscule in that car seat! So beautiful though!

Billie said...

Congratulations on having your family together at home!

She is beautiful:)

I had good luck using the nipple shield with H and E, and no problem transitioning to without once they got a little bigger.

Karen said...

So cute. Please check out my blog about my life with CP if you get a chance