Friday, September 21, 2007

I think I forgot to mention....

that Darsie started preschool this week! It is through the school district (yes, we graduated from Hollyridge) and their developmental preschool program. So far, I think, D is having a blast. She is already bringing home art and she even told me "fun day, mom". She is settling in well. Everyday when I come to pick her up, she look sat me and says "Ride bus, mom. Yellow bus. Friends".

Do you think she is trying to tell me something?

So, we are going to let her ride the bus as soon as we can get it set up. She is so thrilled and excited about the bus. I will say, it is one of the short buses (the ones I made fun of as a kid) and she will be in a car seat with highly trained drivers. At least she won't hear me cursing at fellow drivers in the morning.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is great that she is doing so well. My daughter goes to a Catholic High School and their one bus is a short bus. She has since stopped making short bus jokes. I am glad for that. I hope D continues to have a wonderful year. There is nothing like watching a child get excited for each new thing that comes along...although it's hell on Mamas to let them go.

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, that's great. It sounds like this will work out well for her. I'm sure that gives you peace of mind too.

Anonymous said...

I lived out in the country and there were only a few of us kids out there. Because of this, our bus was always a little one. I fifteen before I heard my first joke about the short bus--and I was totally confused!!!