Sunday, December 16, 2007

Swistle recently had a post up about what to buy the "pinholes" in our lives (aka, assholes). We all have those select few or one or twenty that we don't want to put 5 hours sewing them mittens or put the effort of picking out the PERFECT gift for. Or am I the only one?

So, what do YOU buy these people? Candy? Underwear? A box of coal? My standby present is normally photos of the girls but there are just some people who doesn't even deserve that. The alternate options - Gift Cards.

These are even good for those people that we don't really know what to get for them, like teachers.

I guess the only downfall is that then the person knows how much you REALLY like them. I would find it hilarious to give someone $2 at Starbuck's. Just enough to give them a gift card but not enough to buy a latte. priceless. and mean.

6 comments:

Katy said...

I guess I'm lucky--I like the people on my gift list!

Swistle said...

Ha ha--that WOULD be mean! Or a $10 certificate to an expensive restaurant.

Nowheymama said...

We do ornaments. Thoughtful homemade gift made by the children. Also, cheap. (We give them to people we like, too, though.)

Angel The Alien said...

Lol... Yeah, on the commercials they always try to make gift cards seem like the perfect gift for anyone you know, but really... they're just perfect for the people you don't know well, or wish you DIDN'T know!

Anonymous said...

I guess I am in the minority here, I LOVE getting gift cards, and even if its for a store I dont frequent, you can use them to buy a gift for someone else the next Christmas.

My nephew will be getting gifts from FYE this year from a gift card he gave me for a store in my home town, in which I dont LIVE anymore, but had to go to because it was the only town that had the toy my niece wanted from Toys R Us lol.

Laura said...

Hehehe... a 20% off coupon on a purchase from Bed Bath and Beyond that most people get in the mail anyway? That would be mean and something that my sister in law received at her wedding. She is mean so well deserved.