Monday, June 29, 2009

A good weekend

This weekend the family traveled to Leavenworth, a quaint little Bavarian town, for a wedding for one of Jeff's co-workers. The girls ended up being the flower girls about two weeks ago and they were just thrilled. The locations was absolutely gorgeous at the Pine River B&B. The wedding was held outside and the reception upstairs in the barn which has been remodeled and is absolutely gorgeous with wide-plank pine floors and lights hung from the beamed ceiling.

I made the girls' dresses from a pattern from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing Book (the Flower Girl Dress pattern, to be exact). I started with Darsie's dress and it ended up being much smaller than anticipated so it became Elise's dress and I redrafted the pattern to fit Darsie. So, just a warning that that particular pattern runs about two sizes too small. Besides that little bump, it was a super easy dress to put together and the girls loved them. I used Kona Cotton for the dress and some Monoluna Blossom Circles for the belts.









Lots more coming up soon. I'm just tapping my foot and waiting for packages to arrive so I really ramp up my shop. Hopefully today or tomorrow and a big launch on the first of July. My MIL is arriving today so that may slow us down even if everything does manage to arrive in time.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

You all look so beautiful!!!

AJU5's Mom said...

Those dresses are very cute!

Jennifer said...

I love Leavenworth. It's so pretty up there! I love the dresses, and yours too!

Katy said...

The girls look very pretty, but I'm the most excited to see that little baby bump! Yay!!!! I'm such a dork.