Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Serial Casting Tomorrow

Unfortunately, the Botox hasn't been nearly as effective as it was the first round. We are pretty bummed about it but trying to remain hopeful. In an effort to really make the most of it, Darsie's foot is being serial casted tomorrow. In the first round of Botox, we saw huge improvement immediately and even more after the serial casting. So, fingers crossed that the casting is what we need to really take the Botox to the right level for her. I know that kids grow "immune" to the Botox, but after just one round?

Anyways...for a bit of cheeriness, a video of the Great Bertowski...


Have a great evening everybody! I will be back soon with an update on the serial casting. Please keep your fingers crossed that it helps!

7 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

I hope all goes well this time too!

And I just love that video of little Burt. What a darling baby!

Nowheymama said...

Hope it goes well!!

Mama's a Whine(o) said...

Good luck! And oh, that baby of yours is ADORABLE!!!

Katy said...

The flexability of "normal" babies freaks me out.

Maybe they were able to get the same muscles as last time? Doesn't seem to be an exact science just yet.

jenny said...

Hey, i hope all goes well with Darsie's casting. That is hard I have been there with the casting. They wanted to do botox but I was old enough to refuse. At the time it had not been researched much and i was afraid of losing the ability to walk completely after. I hope it works for her and as for little bert omg he is adorable and very flexible that is great loved the smile

Kristin said...

The Botox And serial casting didn't work on Keaton this last time. I was pretty frustrated, but they still aren't going to do surgery. They told us to try and get him to strengthen the muscles on the outside of his leg. I guess walking up stairs and hills is the best way to strengthen it. We go back to that doctor in year, and then we'll decide where to go from there. I really hope the casting works for darsie. Good luck!!

Gaucha na America said...

how sweet!!! Your baby is so cute!
My son is now 3 years old and he has hemiparesis on his left side. He just learned to walk 4 months ago and now he is running everywhere. But he is not talking yet, not even mama... but I hope he will do soon.
I hope your child grows well, stimulus is everything.

I have videos on youtube of my son's therapies.

www.youtube.com/lucimarabrites