Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Proud Mama

I know I'm about a gazillion years late on tons of things but I just wanted to check in and update everyone on Darsie's latest round of Botox and serial casting. It has been very successful, which is sooooo good.

Things are progressing in the school department. For Mother's Day, the class put together a cook book of their moms' best dish. They dictated their recipe to a classroom helper and they were compiled into a book that was sent home.

Here was Darsie's:

Chinese Food
By Darsie

Chicken
Sauce
Oil
Spices
Rice
Egg Rolls

My mom makes the best Chinese food. First, she puts the chicken in the pot and then she pours the sauce on it. Oil and spicy stuff go in. She cooks it until dinnertime. Then she cooks the rice in a boiling pot. And that cook until its dinnertime. And then puts the egg rolls on and cooks them and then we eat!

I was soooo incredibly proud of her because, and honestly I know I'm biased but I truly believe this, it was the most thorough and well organized recipe out of the bunch. And she didn't choose macaroni and cheese (which we do eat plenty of).

8 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Yea! sounds like a great dinner for tonight...Hummm

Pickles and Dimes said...

So cute! I love the line about "cooking until its dinnertime" - hee!

Shannon said...

I also totally loved the "cook until its dinnertime".

And I should totally mention..this Chinese food is really the frozen Orange Chicken from Costco. Granted, you have to fry it in oil and I do doctor the sauce to make it more General Tsoa Chickenish, but it is still frozen and still from a box.

Katy said...

You should be proud--that girl is something else.

jenny said...

lol she is too darn cute. I love it it is great taht she was able to put it together she did a great job go D I am glad the votox is working well for her as well

Swistle said...

I am always so happy to see a new post from you!

Unknown said...

Shannon,

Howdy. My name is Ann. I am blogging for the first time. (My son is helping me- he's more experienced at this then I.)
I'm hoping to find someone who could help me with my 6year old student with cerebral palsy. He has a bad habit of putting his hands in his mouth. Due to his excess salivation his hands are always dry and very chapped. It causes breaks in his skin and he is often getting infections. His OT has suggested hand splints to keep his hands in proper alignment but he puts those in his mouth too! I'm searching for someone who might have an idea on how to keep his hands out of his mouth - or at least the moisture away from his fingers. Someone suggested making gloves made out of fabric used by divers. But looking into that - one sheet of this fabric is about $80 or $90. I wonder if you might have any suggestions, ideas, comments...

Shannon said...

Hi Ann,

Would a bracelet (think something simple, like a velcro strap with maybe a small something attached that he could chew on help? At least that way he wouldn't be chewing on his hand.

I did find this neoprene for much cheaper than the prices you found: http://www.seattlefabrics.com/neoprene.html?gclid=CKCx9unjl6kCFaYZQgod-lbFug#Neoprene