Saturday, July 14, 2007

3-Year EI Transition

We are in the middle of "testing season" around here as Darsie rapidly approaches both her 3rd birthday and the start of the school year. She is going to be transitioning out of the Birth-to-Three program and into the school district's preschool for delayed toddlers, at least that is what we THOUGHT! Well, I should say, there is still a possibility that she will be going in that direction.

On Thursday I took Darsie to have the cognitive section of the testing done with her current EI preschool teacher and you know what....Darsie is a NORMAL 3-year old girl cognitively! WOOOO HOOOOO! I know that she is smart and all that good stuff, but I think this is the first time I have EVER heard NORMAL and DARSIE in the same sentence.

Up next week: Speech assessment and motor assessment

So anyways, when we finished the cognitive assessment, her teacher mentioned that because Darsie scored normally on the cognitive aspect, that she may not qualify for the school district preschool. This is all fine and dandy, but it leaves me in a preschool conundrum. I've just been planning and knowing that she would be going to this preschool that the possibility of her not going is mind boggling. I guess this means that we really will have to start potty training so she can go to a regular preschool? I guess this means I need to call some preschools? YIKES!

On to other Darsie non-related items. Jeff and I are going to be putting a house on the market. So, if you or anyone you know is looking for 2 bedroom/1 bath house in Bremerton, WA in a great neighborhood, let me know! It has been completely remodeled inside and out. Once I get it listed (did you know I am a Realtor on the side? My company is Reid Real Estate in Port Orchard) I will put a link up to the listing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, that is wonderful news about Darsie. I can tell you are so excited to hear it. Hopefully everything will work out for preschool for her in the fall. Best of luck. Keep us updated on how the rest of the testing goes, sounds promising.

Swistle said...

Great news about the testing! But I know what you mean about OH NO NOW I HAVE TO CHOOSE PRESCHOOL. I find that kind of research/decision very stressful.

Black Sheeped said...

Good luck finding a preschool--and with the house listing. I know how stressful that can be!

Angel The Alien said...

Do all preschools still require kids to be potty-trained? I've heard that even "regular" preschoolers seem to be doing some delayed pottytraining these days... in fact there's a new market for preschooler-sized pull-ups because so many 4-year-olds just aren't sitting on the pot! Maybe Darcie can sneak by with a pull-up???

Anonymous said...

If Darsie is covered under the ADA and the preschool is not run by a religious organization, chances are they would be required to take Darsie even if she isn't potty-trained. We had to deal with this issue when looking for preschools too, and most places were pretty cool with it. Here's some gov. info about the ADA and child care: http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/childq&a.htm