Thursday, January 03, 2008

Looking back, thinking forward

I realize I'm only about...oh 3-4 days behind on a New Years post, but I'm going to blame that on everyone else being overachievers and me simply as being me. I love how I can twist things in my brain so that I usually come out ahead. Ok, ok, I realize that I am actually behind but at least I can have sickness to blame and not procrastination.

This past year has been a blur--a complete mind-blowing blur. There was pregnancy, remodelling one of our rental properties and putting it up for sale, building our very own house, finishing said house and moving into it, buying a boat, getting preeclampsia, c-section, birth of Elise and her subsequent two-week hospital stay, massive hospital bills, learning the intricacies of breastfeeding, taking a week long vacation on our boat to the beautiful San Juan Islands (we even visited where Jeff and I were married in 2005), buying a new car, learning to drive a stick shift, and everything else that goes into running a small rental property business and making sure a family of four has enough clean underwear, socks, and good food to eat.

It was hectic. But I loved it. I don't remember a year where I've pushed myself to do so many new things, so many BIG new things. I definitely grew as a person (corny! I know!).

I want so many things for the new year, too many to name, too many to make resolutions for. We are doing some short term planning as well as making some fabulous long term plans. I am letting my real estate estate license lapse and we are listing our rental property with a Realtor friend of mine. We are starting a new business and I plan on doing more freelance graphic design. I want to play more with my kids. I want to cook new foods. I want to sew more. I want to be creative. I want to read more. I need to take better care of myself. I want to be more loving to my family. I want everyone to be healthy. I want to stay on task.

I'm excited for the new year. I don't know if it will be as HUGE as 2007 but I know it will be good, productive, and full of fun and family.

2 comments:

Black Sheeped said...

I think 2008 is going to be awesome. Don't feel bad about being behind on the New Year's posting--it actually took me three or four days to write mine, because I wasn't finding enough quiet time to just sit down and do it. I didn't even have mass family sickness to blame.

Here's to a good year!

Laura said...

I am looking forward to a 2008 without any catastrophes of epic proportions. I hope we all get that. Happy New Year!