Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My Grandma's Cookies


Ok, so they aren't exactly my Grandma's recipe, but they are the closest thing I have found to what her cookies were like. She actually used the Tollhouse recipe but did a half and half thing with butter and margarine (according to my mom). Mine actually don't use butter OR margarine but *gasp* butter flavored shortening!! I know, I know, the horror! But, they are a great texture and have a good taste to them.

Mine may not be the most beautiful thing (I have issues with a well rounded spoonful and just do gobs) but my family loves them and they remind me of my grandma.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup butter flavored shortening
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Pre-heat oven to 375.
2. Combine shortening, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat egg into mixture.
3. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into wet ingredients until just blended. Stir in chips.
4. Drop rounded spoonfuls 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes.




2 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Heh, I think those look pretty yummy. My grandmother makes her chocolate chip cookies with Crisco too. But my husband and I don't prefer them that way, so I stick with margarine.

Catharina said...

That cookie looks delicious! I'll have to try the recipe sometime (I wonder if they have shortening in Austria? I've lived here for five years and never needed it...)