Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Crazy Summer Wrap Up

I couldn't say our entire summer has been super busy or crazy or filled to the brim, but the end of summer is definitely shaping up to be that way. August has been jammed pack and September is quickly shaping up to be as well. We're (as in Jeff and I) are headed to the Oregon Dunes this weekend for some quad riding with some good friends from college. We haven't been camping in...oh geez..close to three years or so.

Darsie has stalled again on the potty training but we'll pick it up when we return. She and Elise are headed to stay with my parents for a couple of nights and I'd hate to have them be potty enforcers.

I've been busy creating and sewing and trying new things. Darsie has been wearing the same size pants forever it seems and the knees are all starting to show wear and tear. I patched one pair this morning with apple patches and hopefully soon I'll create a tutorial to show you how easy it was. Anyone with a pair of scissors, a few supplies, and an iron could do it. You don't need a sewing machine and you don't need to know how to sew. Like I said, easy, peasy.



A couple of weeks ago, a blogger friend sent me some awesome whale fabric that she had printed herself. It is just fantastic stuff. Anyways, sitting on my desk right now is a package waiting to be mailed to her. It contains this belt that I created and a couple of other things. I have never attempted to print fabric and I really don't have the time right now to attempt it, so I hope she doesn't mind that it is devoid of that! Maybe once D goes back to school mid-September.




Once she is back in school, I'm hoping to put together another giveaway/contest sort of thing. I'll post more on that later.

I don't think I'll get another post in before next week but I'll update then with photos from Oregon and my bright pink glittery helmet in action.

Have a great long weekend everone!

3 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Cute, cute, cute! The belt reminds me of Helen's quilt. :)

Have a wonderful trip.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, those apple jeans are too darn cute! Just seeing them is making me (almost) wish that Daniel were a girl, or at least that I could put a blond wig on him without traumatizing him so that he could wear them. But perhaps they could work for a boy, too...?

Mommy Daisy said...

Busy, busy, busy. I know that feeling.

Cute belt. I've been really envious of all this sewing. I'm thinking of getting a sewing machine and teaching myself again (or at least borrowing my sister's machine).

Have a great weekend! It sounds like a blast.