Friday, December 12, 2008

A Thank You & Good News!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the nice comments on the gift tags. It really made me smile each time I opened an e-mail with a thank you! I promise more goodies like that in the future.

On to some really good news. Darsie's teacher called me up the other day and wants to move Darsie up the older class in her preschool! She has been in the 3-year old class for a second year for a variety of reasons, mainly being that she is still two years out from kindergarten (our cut off is September 1st and she was born September 19th) and the teachers also wanted to give her a good opportunity to really succeed in school and help her become a leader.

Well, she has. She has impressed us all with her growth this year and her willingness and eagerness to learn. So, after the winter break, Darsie will be in the 4-year old class! It is a nice class because there will be four other girls (she has been with all boys!) and there are also typical peers in the new class. A good mix for typical and outstanding kids like D.

I'm really proud, to say the least.

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

YAY, Darsie!

Ellen Seidman said...

Awesome!!! There's nothing quite like the feeling when your kids do you proud, is there? It's even better than when YOU do something that makes you proud.

Ellen Seidman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy Daisy said...

That is great news! What progress. Congrats Darsie.

Pickles and Dimes said...

Yay for Darsie!

And those gift tags were completely adorable. Thanks!

ButterflyGem said...

That is awesome...YAY darsie! What awesome news now shannon you must must make her a big girl new backpack for her new big girl classroom :) i bet she would be tickled pink....that was the first thing my sweet gal requested silly girl! Lots of love! Huge hugs ALicia

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon..

I come From Indonesia, do You know it..??

I want to learn about Cerebral Palsy, because many of people in Indonesia got it but no one can to threat it..

I want to know all of abut Cerebral Palsy..

Can I Learn it from You..

Thnkz very much..

By Bocahbancar