Friday, January 09, 2009

Lasiest Blogger Ever Award


So, here we are, 9 days into January and no posts. I've had a struggle getting into 2009 and am finally feeling like I've got my head wrapped around straight. Darsie started her afternoon preschool with the "older kids" and the time changed has made it so we had to reschedule every therapy appointment for both Darsie and Elise. What a hassle! I've just now this morning rescheduled everything so we can make it.

The change to the afternoon class has been a bit of a struggle. Darsie definitely is showing how defiant of a four year old she can be. I don't know if this is her coming into herself or just attitudes picked up from other kids. I know change is tough on these babes so I'm assuming part of it is adjustment. Right? Please?

We finally moved both of the girls out of our room and into their own shared room. It is torture...both in having them clear across the house and the fact that now neither of them are sleeping well. Sleep has always been a struggle with both girls for the entire four and half years we've been parents.

I'm trying to get back into sewing. I had a mini burn out with Christmas but I'm working on a new bag pattern and I'm excited again. I've recently picked up some fabulous fabric, which always helps. I created some sewn cards recently that were a lot of fun. I've put them up in my Etsy shop and hopefully will have some more soon.

Darsie's botox is finally scheduled for the start of March. I'm excited and optomistic about it. I will post a video of her walking without her DAFO brace prior to the procedure and then follow ups afterwards. Her rolling in of the foot is getting worse and worse and she is complaining that her brace hurts now because of the muscle pull. No matter how tight I put her brace on, she is getting red spots when she wears it, too. I just hope we're in time for the Botox to help, even in the slightest.

Jeff had a birthday this past week. So happy birthday Love!!!

2 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Sounds like Darsie has a lot going on in her life, and therefore so does mama!

My kids always have a harder time with afternoon programs because they're tired at that time of day.

Glad to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,
If you'd like any help with the redness problems you're seeing on Darsie's foot related to her Dafo, please give me a call. Maybe there's something we can do to help make her brace more comfortable.
Sincerely,
Loretta Sheldon
Cascade Dafo
1-800-848-7332