Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Some Updates

This poor little blog has been gathering dust as life has seriously been hurtling by, faster than ever.

I registered Darsie for kindergarten today.

I can't believe that my teeny tiny 1lb. 12oz. little baby girl will be going to kindergarten next year. Amazing.

She is doing amazingly well. We're still having issues with her foot turning in. As I last reported, the second round of Botox did almost nothing. We followed with a round of serial casting and while that did help, it was short lived. We're currently waiting on a prescription of Baclofan to get authorized (week three...fun!) to give it a shot.

As for the other kids, Elise just turned three and "graduated" from Early Intervention. She had some sensory issues due to her premature birth and while we still can see signs of them (toe walking, etc.) she is doing soooo well and her speech is out of this world. Darsie didn't really talk until she was three and Elise is a jibber jabber nonstop. Amazing how much an additional five weeks of womb time can do for a wee babe.

Robert just turned six months old yesterday. He is rolling front and back, pivoting, and devours apple sauce and rice crackers. Sweetest little baby boy with the gooiest grins. We love him to pieces.

I'm going to try to do a better job at keeping this blog updated. I've received a couple of emails in the last few days about people who are just getting into the whole CP treatment range and I really do want to give our experiences a voice to others. If you ever have ANY questions or just need to talk, please don't hesitate to contact me.

3 comments:

jenny said...

Hey glad to see all is going well hope the baclofen helps darsie and glad Elise and Bert are doing well. I am going through another round of Pt for hip pain the joys of living with CP lol well it was great to see an update ive missed reading your blog

Katy said...

Well, I look forward to hearing about all your sweet children!

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. And D is ready for Kindergarten...doesn't seem possible!