Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A food day.

Just a reminder that the cookie challenge is in need of more participants! Even if you don't have a blog, send me your recipe and I will add it to the list (this means you ERICA, who by the way, needs a blog to document her wedding planning).

So, I made chicken last night. When Jeff called yesterday to find out what was for dinner, he moaned and groaned (he is perpetual chicken hater and beef lover). However, I think he will agree, that even HE was impressed with the end results of sticky chicken. I served it with baked potatoes and a green salad. Very yummy, especially when I can buy a whole chicken for $2.97.

I also made another batch of cookies last night and they didn't turn out quite the same as usual. The culprit? Dark brown sugar and bread flour. Don't get me wrong, they are edible and yummy, just not quite right.

Now please excuse me, my ciabatta bread is done kneading (thank heaven for kitchen aid mixers with a dough hook) and I must give it my attention.

Oh yeah, can anyone recommend a good espresso maker? My latte addiction is being thrown out because it is too expensive. I'm allowed one a week.

1 comment:

Black Sheeped said...

All of the blog cookie talk is going to destroy me. Especially since I'm going to have more free time on my hands. :)