Friday, May 30, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Today is D's last day of this year of preschool (she still has two more years before she will go to kindergarten). Anyways, I wanted to give her two teacher something really awesome that was different (I hope) than anything else they have ever gotten and something that they would really love.

Stemming from what I gave the moms for Mother's Day, I decided to make the teachers aprons and to put pockets on them that Darsie had drawn on with fabric markers. I made them with the same main fabric panel but switched up the waist strap color (one was blue and one was red). I prefer the red over the blue, but of course I forgot to photograph the red one.

ANYWAYS, here is the photo:

apron

-------

The preeclampsia quilt is finished being quilted and needs to be bound soon. I'll get that done by Monday so it can be shipped off to the lucky winner. Remember, tomorrow is your last day to join in!

-------

Some fun photos from our weekend.
dswings

slide2

loves

swing2

swing

-------

Photography by Darsie:
bydarsie2

bydarsie

------

Why I've been sparse around these here parts....clearing 3/4 of an acre of heavily brushed and weeded property. We've been raking and spreading top soil and getting ready for grass.

yardafter

4 comments:

bettyninja said...

Wonderful teachers gift! I am sure she loved it. It's such a nice thing to give gifts that you make.

Your family is so sweet. Your daughters are really too cute.

Nowheymama said...

You have been busy!

I am in love with that numbers fabric. It is so appealing!

Thank you (and Swistle) for the reminder to donate. I knew I was forgetting something.

Katy said...

ach--need to get that donation in!

Mommy Daisy said...

That apron is a great teacher gift. Awesome!

I love all the photos of you and your family.