Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Food Post!

Last night I made a special dinner to commemorate our first wedding anniversary. I served Braciole and garlic bread. Braciole is soooo delicious, but one of those meals I only make once in a blue moon. It takes a long time to cook (1 hr. 45 minutes) and warms the house up considerably. Also, flank steak is ridiculously expensive. However, it is really quite delicious and easy and I highly recommend it to anyone needing a special Italian dinner soon. I didn't have any leftover wine floating around so I substituted chicken broth and it was still just as good. My secret to awesome garlic bread is to buy a sourdough loaf from Safeway. I then melt butter and Johnny's Garlic Seasoning. I then wrap the loaf in foil and back it at about 350 for 10-15 minutes. Or, if I am after a crispier texture, I just put it on a baking sheet.

For the rest of the week I am making: Tacos and guacamole (one avocado, finely minced garlic, finely minced onion, finely minced jalepeno, salt, pepper, and a spoon of sour cream), Mini Hamburgers, Grilled Chicken Cacciatore, and our friday night fave, PIZZA!!

No comments: