Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Last Comic Standing

I won't normally post about TV, promise. But, we were watching Last Comic Standing last night and it is hilarious (at least in my opinion).

However, one thing in this season (I didn't watch other seasons) that has struck me is that two of the comedians that made it further into the competition have "disabilities" of some nature. Nikki Payne has/had a cleft lip and Josh Blue has cerebral palsy. I've seen a lot of people on the internet wondering how people could make fun of their own disabilities and others just plain disgusted with disabilities. I can understand how it can be controversial. But in my opinion, at least these two people are trying to make a go of their lives. Other comedians can depend upon real life experiences to generate material, why can't they as well?

I was extremely happy when Josh Blue got the Audience Choice award last night. His show was hilarious and he did an awesome job.

All I can hope for Darsie is that whatever is thrown at her in life, that she always has the strength and know-how to continue on and to make something of her life. I simply want her to be successful at whatever she wants to do - be that comedy or driving a garbage truck. I want her to be happy and to feel fulfilled in her life.

No comments: