Thursday, November 08, 2007

We've been adopted (I think)



So, yesterday, we had a dog come up to the house and was looking in all the doors and windows. She had tags so I figured she would eventually return to her home. I finally took a closer look at her tags and she is registered two counties away. I called on her tags this morning and she is from Vashon Island, a ferry ride away. They gave me her owner's number so I called but the number is disconnected. I'm going to hang a couple of signs to see if her owner's moved here and she got lost.

Jeff, my husband with the heart of steel, has even fallen for her (although he won't admit it). He made her a bed last night and wanted to know if she needed a space heater out on the porch. He also gave her our leftover rice and meat for dinner.

7 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Aww, she's really sweet. Will you keep her if no one claims her? I'm sure the kids would love her.

Anonymous said...

Awww...she's so cute! I can see why your hubbies heart of steel is warming up a bit... :)

Anonymous said...

Awww!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie. I'd want to be adopted by her, too.

Nowheymama said...

Ohh... *sniff*. What a cutie.

Laura said...

Ohhh, she is so cute. I think you really do need to keep her. She has chosen you. It is obvious.

Katy said...

oohhh. . . I like the new addition! My hub had a dog like that and she was his girl.