Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Air Splint





I've mentioned previously that we use an air splint with D for about five minutes each day. We were having issues keeping her hand open enough, so Diane from the Elks fashioned a hand mold that we strap on her hand and then put the whole contraption inside the air splint and blow it up. She used some spongy material from Crayola that hardens. It was really fun to play with while it was soft.

The hardest part about the whole process is keeping D from throwing a fit. Luckily, she has gotten really interested in the zipper on the air splint (although we do have to keep her from unzipping it) and she also loves to draw. Yesterday I even let her play with the pencil that I had been using for my crossword puzzle.

Finally some photos, too. The page was looking a bit drab, so some color to brighten it up a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of concentration on her face.