Monday, May 22, 2006

Family Meals

Food plays an important part in our family. We are fortunate enough to be able to sit down to both breakfast and dinner together most days. Darsie has been joining us at the table since we bought her high chair and she was able to sit up. I have been simply amazed at her delight in spicy foods. Yesterday, Jeff and I were eating some nachos for a snack before a movie, and D had to have some hot salsa to eat with her very own spoon. She definitely inherited our love for spicy foods.

Each week I put together a meal plan for the family and post it on the refrigerator. Last night, Jeff and I were talking about how cool it would be to put together a recipe book of sorts that talks about what we ate, how we liked it, and any photos of the food and/or us eating it.

So, I am going to attempt to incorporate it into this blog. I know that this is supposed to be about D and her cerebral palsy, etc.. etc.. But, I simply cannot resist putting some extra interesting twang to it with something that means a lot to us as a family. Besides, I love to cook.

So, anyways, our menu for the week is:

Peppercorn-crusted Pork Tenderloin with Soy-Caramel Sauce (Cooking Light, December 2005) served with rice and broccoli

Hamburgers (I think I'm going to try a mini version of them)

Chicken Parmigiana (Tyler's Ultimate on Food Network - a new recipe, but I think worth trying)

Grilled Steaks with Mashed Potatoes, Green Salad, and Garlic Bread (My husband has developed a stellar marinade)

Pizza, our Friday tradition. We get the chicken Mediterranean delite from Papa Murphy's

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh thanks I love the meal ideas. I work nights/evenings and I have the hardest time finding things to make for dinner.
We also have Pizza on Friday night. Thanks for the ideas.